Frequently Asked Questions

You've got questions. We've got answers.

We hope the information on this page provides answers to your questions about our Foundation. Don't hesitate to contact us if you don't find what you're looking for.

Foundation Details

What is your Tax I.D. Number?
The Federal Tax Identification number for the West Valley-Mission Foundation is 77-0396330.
Is the West Valley-Mission Foundation a non-profit?
Yes. The West Valley-Mission Foundation is a 501c3 registered non-profit.
Who governs the West Valley-Mission Foundation?
The West Valley-Mission Foundation is governed by its Board of Directors with oversight from the West Valley-Mission Board of Trustees. Read about our Foundation Governance to learn more.
Who runs the day-to-day operations of the Foundation?
The Office of Advancement is staffed by employees of the West Valley-Mission Community College District.

Melissa Johns serves as the Executive Director of the Foundation. Learn more about our team

Donations and Other Support

Donations to the West Valley-Mission Foundation are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. This site is filled with information about Ways to Give or the mechanics of how to Make a Donation.

Can I restrict my donation for a specific college or purpose?
Yes. The West Valley-Mission Foundation accepts the charitable donations for both Mission and West Valley Colleges.

To direct your donation to a specific college, program, or academic division, you simply need to share your wishes with us when making the donation.

How to Restrict Your Donation

If mailing a check, include any restrictions in the memo field of the check or attach a note for our advancement office.

If donating by credit card: include your wishes or instructions for gift restrictions in the "Gift Specifics" field of the online giving form.

You are always welcome to contact our team to describe your wishes or instructions for how you would like your gift allocated.
Do you charge administrative fees on scholarship donations?
No. We charge no administrative fees on gifts received for expendable scholarships. This means that your entire donation is passed on to the scholarship recipient(s).
Can I make a donation in memory of a loved one?
Yes. Any donation can be made in memory of a loved one. We have a robust Tribute Gifts Program, which offers meaningful gift opportunities. 
Can I make a donation over the phone?
Yes. Call our Advancement Office at 408-741-2164 and someone will be happy to process your gift.
I misplaced my donation receipt. Can I order another one?
Yes. Contact us at 408-741-2164 or [email protected] to request a new donation receipt.

Faculty and Staff

If you are an employee of the West Valley-Mission Community College District, we encourage you to visit our Faculty and Staff section where you will find resources for how to partner with the Foundation. We've curated information to respond to the most frequently asked questions including how to start your own fundraiser, manage Foundation funds, gain fundraising tips and best practices, and find forms for deposits, check requests, and more.